All top versions of Merriam-Webster’s Dictionaries are available now for the most popular platforms of PDAs and smartphones including Windows Mobile, Symbian OS, IPhone and others.
Merriam-Webster Mobile offers best-selling, authoritative dictionary content from Merriam-Webster, America's leading and most distinguished language reference publisher and Paragon Software (SHDD), the world's leading provider of dictionary software engines for mobile platforms.
Merriam-Webster presents bilingual and monolingual dictionaries, including Merriam-Webster's Collegiate® Dictionary, Webster's Third New International Dictionary, Unabridged, Merriam-Webster's Pocket Dictionary, Merriam-Webster's Medical Dictionary, Merriam-Webster's French-English and Merriam-Webster's English-Spanish Dictionaries.
Each Merriam-Webster dictionary is a product of extensive research and painstaking writing and editing conducted by the largest group of lexicographers in North America.
Each software dictionary engine of Paragon Software (SHDD) is full of unique features that help you use a dictionary on your mobile device/smartphone. All engines are developed in strict accordance with the design philosophy of every particular platform and are compatible with a wide range of hardware variants manufactured by different vendors.
Common Merriam-Webster features for all mobile devices:
- An accurate and complete dictionary for learning languages.
- Merriam-Webster dictionaries offer clear and precise explanations and translations.
- Full mobile versions of world-famous dictionaries published by Merriam-Webster Inc.
- No Internet connection required: simply download the dictionary to your phone.
- Hyperlinks between articles and directions.
- Search History of the last 20-30 words.
- Dictionary installation on memory cards to save main memory-space.